RE: [ga] Question for Chair Candidates

On Thursday, 27 December 2001 19:26, DNSO Secretariat wrote:

> very fine to discover that you expect machine to become more trustable
> than human.

Almost always !!!

> From my personnal knowledge, I don't know any config parameters that
> enables to limit posting for one person for a day (day being a hard
> notion on an international list). If you have technical solutions or
> time to seek one on the Web, we would be very grateful. I have tried
> and not found one.

Effectively what I said.  It seems it can't be done.

> Furthermore, for people exceeding the posting limit by one, I don't
> think matter are too dramatic.

Any inconsistent treatment creates a problem, trust me.

> For people flooding the list with emails, I don't think a mechanical
> rule will stop then, considering that even then they can use multiple
> mail adresses or unknown identities (do you really who is behind each
> mail adress on the ga ?).

That hasn't been an issue until now but agree that some people will work
around the rules (whatever they are).  However, that would be seen as
"cheating" and thus odious.  The one or two recalcitrant excess posters
would be quite easily identifiable, imo.

In any case, suspension, as a sanction, is awfully hard to enforce.

However, I prefer not to just surrender to the dark side, thank you, and
would ask if anyone has any worthwhile contribution.  In particular, I'm
sure the GA would like to hear the views of the candidates.

Regards
Patrick Corliss