Re: [ga] I nominate Joop

Jesfey and all,

I appreciate the nomination and the logic behind it.
While a known agenda is preferable over an unknown one,  I think we are
best off with a Chair who can place his own agenda on the back burner and
become all ears for the wishes of the GA members.

The GA needs a Chair who is relatively free to spend the two or three hours
a day and the 20 to 30 days  a year for the physical ICANN meetings.
(Yes, Montevideo became a 15 day journey for me)

The GA needs a Chair who can take abuse and shake it off like a duck shakes
off water.

I think the deadline for acceptance (or declining) is already past, but
anyway, I would have respectfully declined.

I am already spread too thin between the different public functions that I
have taken on.
At this crucial junction I do not want to abandon the IDNO, now in the
process of (re)organizing itself.

If I can go to Accra, I am willing however to assist the elected Chair, if
(s)he is unable to make the trip him/herself.

--Joop