RE: [ga] Please comment Candidate Roessler

It's plenty "organizable" but, without a reason to organize, most won't go
through the extra effort or commit the time/money.

|> There are a ton of great ideas that come out of the GA and a
|> ton of good people here. Coherency and focus is, for the most
|> part, incredibly lacking however.

As I stated elsewhere, lack of coherency and focus is a direct result of not
having anywhere to apply either. If there were a target and visible effect,
the folks here are of sufficient quality (most of them) that they would
probably rally for a concerted effort. Give the GA a vote, on the NC, and
you would probably see miracles. Give it a path to some chance of visible
impact and the focus here would come to a fine point overnight. However, I
suspect, that's exactly the effect that the ICANN BoD doesn't want. Focus
and coherency beg for something to apply them to, a target and a purpose.
The GA has neither and most of us know it.

As for the ideas, if they are so great, why are they consistently ignored?
Even if they are used, the GA NEVER gets the credit. Thus, blocking even
that meager gruel of positive feedback. As a body, the GA is starving, it's
past time to feed the animals. If I thought it would do any good, I'd call
for a strike until these issues are taken care of. That would be a clear and
simple example of coherency and focus but, the ICANN BoD would probably
(collectively) wipe their hands and say "finally, we're rid of those guys."