Re: [ga] Please comment Candidate Roessler

> Playing against the odds is one thing, playing into a stacked deck is a
> guaranteed loss. Right on up there with running into a concrete and rebar
> wall, head first. You absolutely know that it's going to hurt. So, don't
you
> do it.
>
> There is the pain of the required 8-10 grand unreimbursed expense you sign
> up for, when you accept the privilege of being the GA chair. That's kind
of
> a showstopper in most folk's accounting books. In case you hadn't noticed,
> there's a recession going on, in the US. Considering that the GA has no
vote
> anywhere that counts, within the ICANN, that's 8-10 grand for nothing.
> Where's the beef? It looks like pure soy to me.

There are any number of people that would step up to the plate gratis if it
were a worthwhile endeavor. If the GA could demonstrate even the smallest
promise of ever being "organizable" then I am sure that candidates would be
a lot more comfortable stepping up to the plate - even without a vote or
cash recompensation.

There are a ton of great ideas that come out of the GA and a ton of good
people here. Coherency and focus is, for the most part, incredibly lacking
however.

-rwr

BTW - I've trimmed the cc' line back - I'm pretty sure that everybody on the
old line is already subscribed to the GA list.