Re: [ga] Elections

Eric and all assembly members,

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Thanks Jeff,

  Your welcome!  >:)

> You dawg,.  I work on it but it seems anything ICANN is a leper.  So I
> trick,
> cajole and outright lie and it comes back to - no one will donate to
> ICANN because
> of their track record.

  Yep!  This has been one of the ICANN's BoD and staff problems from
the nearly the beginning.  So, it is understood that you or anyone will
have big problems getting donations or sponsorship funds for any
ICANN related SO, Constituency or association.

> No says the UN, no say universities, to hell with them say lending
> groups, no say foundations!
>
> Ideas? I will try anything.

  I would try to market only the GA separately and highlight it's members.
I would ask the GA members to pitch in a few bucks outright as an incentive
for other outside of the DNSO GA interested parties.

> Isn't Jeffsey's treatise right on point.  I hang my head in abject
> failure.  If I
> could fund him and Kristee we would take off like a star.
>
> Sorry buddy but I am a loser.

  No your not.  The ICANN BOD and staff has made it nearly impossible
for the DNSO GA to acquire it's own funding.  And as such they have
made it nearly impossible for future funding that the GA could engage
in to benefit the whole of ICANN.  I find that astounding and deplorable
to say the least.

> Sorry Danny I gave it a good shot!  Damn sure looks like they killed the
> funding wars.

  Well they are not dead yet.  But the effort(s) are suffering from the
ICANN BoD and staff's inane attitude

> [...]
> > > system for Joe Sims and Louis Touton and the XXth telephone systems for
> > > many others.
> > >
> > > In a distributed system the boss is you. You control the system to see if
> > > it feet your needs and you use the services or the tools you want to do it.
> > > If we keep the image of mobiles : the mobile phones are a meshed network,
> > > the walkie-talkies are a distributed system. The difference is that in a
> > > real Internet architecture the ICANN is not the boss, it is the servant.
> > > For example its mission is to help you managing *your* root. For your own
> > > global private virtual network you shape the way you want with the
> > > connections you want and the banners you decide to accept.
> > >
> > > We could go very far in explaining how it works and pays. The only thing
> > > you have really to know is that it happens that the three components of our
> > > today Internet - the IP addresses, the TCP/IP protocol set and the DNS -
> > > are transparent to these philosophies of use. This means that stability and
> > > security do not depend on the ICANN - ICANN is a threat as long as it wants
> > > to be directive and is a help as soon as they accept to serve (Good Book
> > > says that if you want to be the boss you have to be the servant). Stability
> > > and security only depend on your own machine architecture which has nothing
> > > to do with IETF.
> > >
> > > If you want to keep going the Microsoft way and use Passport, whois, the
> > > USG root ... please do it.  You only subcontract these services. If you
> > > want to adopt a QuiEst approach, run your own root for your own global
> > > virtual private network you will forget about most of the ICANN except as
> > > being a convenient source of organized information you may want to use or
> > > event to contribute to, according to its published and equal to all ICP
> > > rules. You will even pay it for that service if you like it, the same as
> > > you do it today with McAffee or F-Prot to get a virus protection.
> > >
> > > Now, this long explanation being given, you see that the role of a Chair in
> > > a distributed environment is not to be a pusher as in a star network or a
> > > leader as in a meshed system (our world now is more and more distributed
> > > and the e-mail system is the best example of the force behind of this
> > > change: polylogue - as monologue goes with star network and dialogue with
> > > meshed systems). His role is to be a catalyst. And this is far more complex!
> > >
> > > Jefsey
> > >

> > > --
> > > This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Jeffrey A. Williams
> > Spokesman for INEGroup - (Over 121k members/stakeholdes strong!)
> > CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
> > Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
> > E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> > Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827
> > Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208

Jeffrey A. Williams