[ga] Transfers & WHOIS

The transfers task force is discussing expanding their membership to include
one or more additional non-voting participants.  Should such a decision be
reached, it would be logical to have the runner-ups in our election serve in
such a capacity.  The gTLDs have requested one TF rep and two additional
participants, and our GA rep will need to cast a vote on how many
participants will ultimately be allowed entry into this TF.    So far I have
recorded interest on the part of three of our members:  Jeff Williams, Thomas
Roessler, and Eric Dierker.  If I have missed anyone, or if others would like
to vie for this TF, please let me know within the next few days so that we
can commence with this election.

On a related note, the WHOIS committee has decided that each constituency and
the GA may name up to two observers to assist with the work of the Committee.
 Fair warning... there is a lot of work involved, as we are reviewing
thousands upon thousands of comments to a lengthy survey that offered
respondents the opportunity to comment at length on a large number of
questions.

Assistance is needed, and I would like to be able to report back to the WHOIS
Committee within a few days with the names of volunteers.