Re: [ga] Transfers & WHOIS

Danny and all assembly members,

  This is a good idea as you outline it her Danny.  However I had thought
from your earlier post 4 days ago that you were leaving the Transfer
TF and were supposed to "Appoint" your replacement from those that
had volunteered, of which I was one.  However also I agree that these
TF's participants should be "Elected" not "Appointed".  It would also
be best for various reasons that have already been expressed by a number
of DNSO GA members the use WG's instead of TF's and those that have
interest without restriction participate openly and without restriction.

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> The transfers task force is discussing expanding their membership to include
> one or more additional non-voting participants.  Should such a decision be
> reached, it would be logical to have the runner-ups in our election serve in
> such a capacity.  The gTLDs have requested one TF rep and two additional
> participants, and our GA rep will need to cast a vote on how many
> participants will ultimately be allowed entry into this TF.    So far I have
> recorded interest on the part of three of our members:  Jeff Williams, Thomas
> Roessler, and Eric Dierker.  If I have missed anyone, or if others would like
> to vie for this TF, please let me know within the next few days so that we
> can commence with this election.
>
> On a related note, the WHOIS committee has decided that each constituency and
> the GA may name up to two observers to assist with the work of the Committee.
>  Fair warning... there is a lot of work involved, as we are reviewing
> thousands upon thousands of comments to a lengthy survey that offered
> respondents the opportunity to comment at length on a large number of
> questions.
>
> Assistance is needed, and I would like to be able to report back to the WHOIS
> Committee within a few days with the names of volunteers.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827