Re: [ALSC-Forum] Re: [ga] Top Three Issues

Daryl and all stakeholders or interested parties,

Daryl Tempesta wrote:

> Why are seats to be appointed by the board at all?

  Good question and sort of what I was trying to get across.  Glad
you at least picked up on it!  >;)

  My answer is that the current non-elected ICANN BOD members
want to "Stack the Deck" so to speak so that the true voice and vote
of the majority of stakeholders/users cannot be represented
legitimately.

> It
> seems that the proposed 1 seat for gTLDs should be at
> least 2 and maybe 3 since this is where the public
> focuses its position. Specifically the independent
> domain owners are in the tens of millions and should
> be better represented. Unless I have may facts mixed
> up!

  No you don't have you facts mixed up.  However the number of
Stakeholdders/users far exceeds the Stakeholders/domoan name holders.

> [...]
> > > reconsiderations that are now being envisiged.
> > >
> > > But please understand that we don't hold this
> > against you, as the right to
> > > self-organization is paramount and well respected
> > by members of this Assembly.
> >
> >   Hummm?  This comment seems to be a stark departure
> > of just yesterday
> > in your comments towards INEGroup.  Why is that
> > Danny?
> >

> > > Similarly, be clear about this point:  the bulk of
> > the members in the General
> > > Assembly will become the members of the At-Large
> > as soon as it is
> > > constituted.  While the ccSO will have a solitary
> > Board seat, the At-Large
> > > will have a substantially greater degree of
> > representation, and it will
> > > choose to support those that have shown an
> > affinity for the positions
> > > represented by its loyalists in the GA.
> > >
> > > You have stated, "Please separate issues of
> > importance to the GA of the DNSO
> > > from those of the @LM".  At this point in time, I
> > no longer believe that such
> > > separation is possible.  This ICANN is an evolving
> > organization wherein
> > > admittedly structures may change, but the
> > participants will not.  The
> > > participants in the GA will become the
> > participants in the At-Large, and we
> > > will assuredly remember those that gave the GA
> > short shrift and those that
> > > respected the need for full and proper
> > representation in the ICANN process.
> > >
> > > We have respected the contributions and
> > participation of the ccTLDs within
> > > this Assembly, and many of us would like to see
> > their efforts come to
> > > fruition.  So please understand that when we focus
> > on the details at the
> > > origin of this experiment, we similarly act based
> > on self-organizing
> > > motivations.
> > >
> > > We choose to focus on the promises made by Esther
> > Dyson that we expect to be
> > > upheld.  Putting it within a context that should
> > be familiar to you, if IANA
> > > were to break its promises and commitments
> > regarding redelegations that were
> > > made in good faith a few years ago, and suddenly
> > embark on a course of action
> > > to deny your members their participatory rights,
> > you at the very least would
> > > take umbrage if not offense at such action.
> > >
> > > We have similar sensibilities.
> > >
> > > Best wishes,
> > > Danny younger
> > >

> > > --
> > > This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org
> > list.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Jeffrey A. Williams
> > Spokesman for INEGroup - (Over 121k
> > members/stakeholdes strong!)
> > CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA
> > Development Eng.
> > Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
> > E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> > Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827
> > Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208

Jeffrey A. Williams