Re: [ga] .aero reconsideration request

Edward and all assembly members,

  Great work here Ed!  You have my support on this.  I will put it to
our [INEGroup]  members and see what they collectively think.  It will be an
up or down vote.  I betting that our members will approve overwhelmingly
though from what I read of you proposal.

Edward Hasbrouck wrote:

> This morning I submitted a request to ICANN for reconsideration of the
> .aero sponsorship agreement with SITA.  My request and all supporting
> documents are at: <http://hasbrouck.org/icann/reconsider.html>
>
> My reconsideration request concerns the changes made (during secret
> negotiations between ICANN and SITA) to the policies in the original
> proposal for .aero, and the manner in which those changes were made
> (without openness, transparency, consultation of relevant stakeholders or
> constituencies, consensus building, or a public forum by the Board).
>
> If these changes are accepted, *most* of those who would have been
> eligible to register aero domains under the original proposal would be
> excluded.  And SITA would be allowed to renege on its commitment in the
> proposal to establish an open, representative, policy-making board to
> ensure that .aero is operated for the benefit of all stakeholders.
>
> Since they directly concern the failure to consult the DNSO when policy is
> being decided on matters relevant to the DNSO, I invite and encourage the
> DNSO to intervene in support of my request for reconsideration and my
> request that Mr. Lynn not sign the .aero agreement until my request for a
> stay can be considered by the Reconsideration Committee.
>
> Peace,
>
> Edward Hasbrouck

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827