Re: [ga] Terrorism, Joanna, Is Seriously Off Topic

Patrick and all assembly members,

  I must support Patricks conclusions on this as well unfortunately.
Althought I believe that Joanna has been a good advocate for her
own positions, many of which I agree with strongly as do many of
our [INEGroup] members, and other stakeholders, I could not
in good conscience support her given some of the antics that she
has most recently engaged in regarding TF's and the BC temp
chair Marilyn Cade.

Patrick Corliss wrote:

> Dear Danny
>
> On Mon, 03 Dec 2001 16:59:37 -0400, Joanna Lane wrote:
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc08/msg03352.html
>
> I understand that you continue in your position as Chair of the General
> Assembly.  In that role you have spent significant time and energy promoting
> Joanna Lane for every possible position you could think of.  In fact, you
> invented a few to promote her political ascent.
>
> During this time, a number of people, including myself, have questioned her
> unpleasant attitude.  In fact, Joanna has, to my knowledge, gratuitously
> offended several people.  Nor has she ever shown any accountability in
> promoting her own agenda.  She does not, for example, respond to any questions
> or even heed any attempts at moderation.
>
> It is my view that Joanna Lane is quite unsuited to represent the GA in any
> forum whatsoever.  I would suggest that you discontinue your support of
> Joanna's power grab unless and until you have been given a specific mandate by
> the Assembly membership.
>
> May I also suggest that you do something to resolve the running sore of list
> moderation.  You started with five people, as I remember, and you have none
> left.  That is a sorry reflection of your leadership style.  Otherwise the
> list will continue to degenerate.
>
> And it will become impossible for you to claim credibility with the power
> cliques.
>
> I ask that, in particular, because I wish you consider this email as a
> complaint against Joanna Lane's continuing insistence at off topic posting.
> You must be aware that a number of list participants have disagreed with
> Joanna's approach here.  In fact, it has divided the GA.
>
> So you must mediate Joanna's intransigence or see the proposed vote of no
> confidence in ICANN turn into a vote of no confidence in Danny Younger.
>
> You have deeply saddened me.  Please stop this.  Do it now.
>
> Regards
> Patrick Corliss
> cc [ga abuse]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827