Re: [ga] Terrorism, Joanna, Is Seriously Off Topic

The ostrich is alive and well in Australia.

Bill Lovell

Patrick Corliss wrote:

> Dear Danny
>
> On Mon, 03 Dec 2001 16:59:37 -0400, Joanna Lane wrote:
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc08/msg03352.html
>
> I understand that you continue in your position as Chair of the General
> Assembly.  In that role you have spent significant time and energy promoting
> Joanna Lane for every possible position you could think of.  In fact, you
> invented a few to promote her political ascent.
>
> During this time, a number of people, including myself, have questioned her
> unpleasant attitude.  In fact, Joanna has, to my knowledge, gratuitously
> offended several people.  Nor has she ever shown any accountability in
> promoting her own agenda.  She does not, for example, respond to any questions
> or even heed any attempts at moderation.
>
> It is my view that Joanna Lane is quite unsuited to represent the GA in any
> forum whatsoever.  I would suggest that you discontinue your support of
> Joanna's power grab unless and until you have been given a specific mandate by
> the Assembly membership.
>
> May I also suggest that you do something to resolve the running sore of list
> moderation.  You started with five people, as I remember, and you have none
> left.  That is a sorry reflection of your leadership style.  Otherwise the
> list will continue to degenerate.
>
> And it will become impossible for you to claim credibility with the power
> cliques.
>
> I ask that, in particular, because I wish you consider this email as a
> complaint against Joanna Lane's continuing insistence at off topic posting.
> You must be aware that a number of list participants have disagreed with
> Joanna's approach here.  In fact, it has divided the GA.
>
> So you must mediate Joanna's intransigence or see the proposed vote of no
> confidence in ICANN turn into a vote of no confidence in Danny Younger.
>
> You have deeply saddened me.  Please stop this.  Do it now.
>
> Regards
> Patrick Corliss
> cc [ga abuse]

The URLs for Best Practices:
DNSO Citation:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
(Under "Other Information Documents"; "August 2001:
Proposal for Best Practices for the DNSO GA." This
page also includes much else about the DNSO.)
Part I:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
Part II:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
(Access to the .pdf file requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader,
available for free down load at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)
Part III:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-PartIII.html