[ga] Is there a businessman or a business lawyer on the list?

Should the leaders of an organization of which you are a Member write to
you instead of publishing the organization budget as required by their
Charter they try to abrogate:

"In the past the secretariat had presented a budget (with separate and
variable costs for third party employment, web design, web hosting, travel
etc) and assumed fee income would cover this. It did not and the
organization incurred a deficit. Income from subscriptions in 2001 will
more than cover the secretariat fee.

Detailed financial information is not appropriate to publish on the
membership mailing list. Should any member wish to know more detail please
telephone one of the reps. The secretariat can provide contact information."

1. would you think it to be genuine or a fake?
2. would you think this organization is a secret fraternity or an open
business association?
3. who do you thing will be responsible for the debts?
4. would you think such an organization might be a Member of the ICANN
structure?
5. would you assume such an organization could be a Constituency and could
pay a DNSO yearly fee?
6. would you assume such an organization might have important debts?
7. would you feel secure in serving as a secretariat for them? (I feel our
first duty is to the people we call upon). would you think the members have
any control on the secretariat?

In case you might want to know if this piece of pure crystal transparency
and honesty to the people waiting for their money and to the members is
true or a fancy of mine, the only hint I will give for now is that this
post was not issued by the Internet Enterprises Constituency bootstrap.

Jefsey