[ga] [ALSC-Forum] Reply to Danny - ICANNWORLD.ORG

Danny and all stakeholders or interested parties,

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> during the full month within which this project was started, there was not
> one member of the GA other than Eric (including yourself and your fantasy
> INEG members) that either volunteered to assist or that wrote stating an
> objection to this project.

  We have not "Fantasy" members.  However we [INEGroup] do have
registered members.  The information on our members is as you know,
as you have been told on a number of occasions available via FOIA
request to the FEC.  As you have failed to make such a request, it is
noted that you interest and concern is not very important to your
and Eric's effort.  This is of little consequence to our members
however.  As I stated clearly in my response to your request/response
to the DNSO GA members earlier,
See:http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc08/msg03282.html and
http://www.atlargestudy.org/forum_archive/msg01387.shtml  our members
as well as other sister organizations are willing to help given that the
process is open to any and all interested parties as well as GA
members.  This would of course include ALSC forum members.

>  As no one had objected to this effort, and as a
> fair amount of work had been done on the site after a month's time, it was
> introduced at the MdR session, which you couldn't  bother to attend.

  I did attend remotely Danny.  Perhaps you missed that.  I am sorry if you did.
None the less given the sketchy connectivity that MdR 2001 provided,
and the lack of open input to those DNSO and ALSC sessions many
willing and interested parties attending remotely were thwarted in their
efforts to express themselves as has been the unfortunate norm for
the ICANN remote participant method(s) used in the past.  However
we do have this forum and can use it to garner as well as share
ideas to fill in some of those MdR gaps.

> While some of us are attempting to deal with outreach in a forthright manner,
> doing what ICANN itself should be doing, you stand on the sidelines and
> complain about the efforts of others.

  Not at all as I stated in my responses to your efforts as well as many others
(See referenced archived E-Mails above) we [INEGRoup] welcome open,
transparent and equal participation of any and all interested parties i.e.
stakeholders/users to the ALSC as well as any outreach efforts.  However
as has been noted many times on the DNSO GA forum, as you know,
a number of our members are still unable to join in these efforts or even
join this or the DNSO GA forum even though they are all stakeholders
and domain name holders.  We find this particularly peculiar as well
insufficient with respect to meeting the requirements of the MoU
and the White Paper, which are as you also know, ICANN's guiding
documents for the ICANN experiment and their contractual obligation.
Hence there is no shortage of willing stakeholders/users/participants, only
a lack of willingness of the ICANN BOD and staff to allow for their
participation and potential assistance.

> If you had any problems with the
> concept of an outreach site or its implementation, you should have stated
> your objections at the outset.

  I did as did a number of other DNSO GA members, as you also know
and the DNSO GA Archives reflect that without reservation.

>  After others actually do the work, then of
> course the non-participants have to find something to criticize.   Thanks for
> nothing.  Your contribution has been noted.

  I bit condescending here Danny.  That does not make for good outreach,
which you state is your desire.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827