[ga] Re: [ALSC-Forum] Re: icannworld.org

Eric and all stakeholders or interested parties,

  As some of you may know the icannworld.org site was presented
by Danny Younger in MdR in the name of the DNSO GA members,
without their prior knowledge.  Many DNSO GA members
felt that this was a bit of a disingenuous act by Mr. Younger in the
Agenda that the DNSO GA members had set for MdR and took up
a large amount of the time allotted for the DNSO GA presentation.
However I also am in favor of Danny and any others wishing to
be supportive of ICANN in any way it so chooses, but not in the
name of the DNSO GA members without their consent.  I mostly
see www.icannworld.org as a promotional consenting of the stakeholders
site.  I would rather invite all of you here to view the http://www.icannwatch.org/

site for a more balanced and actively inclusive view.

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Danny, Mr. Vu and Mr. Thuy,
>
> While these three men are sterling examples of leaders in the world emerging
> Internet.  I also consider them good friends.  Vietnam and VNNIC should be
> looked upon for their examples of leading a local Internet community.  With the
> recent passage of the US-Vietnam BTA and Vietnams' deep commitment to IT
> education and developing infrastructure they will be role models for many
> emerging economy countries.
>
> Hi-Tek.com.vn and especially the developing business.com.vn will lend any
> assistance required by the parties in this endeavor.  Myself and our company
> want to congratulate Danny for his hard work dedication and ingenuity in
> developing his site.  It has our full endorsement.
>
> Sincerely,
> Eric
>
> DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>
> > As some of you aware, I recently launched icannworld.org in an effort to
> > promote ICANN outreach activities.  I am now beginning to receive some
> > positive feedback from the ccTLD community:
> >
> > Dear Sirs,
> >
> > My name is Vu Xuan Bach at the Vietnam Internet Network Information Center
> > (VNNIC). My Director - Mr. Nguyen Le Thuy has recently received your
> > inquiries of .vn webpage in icannworld.org and I was assigned by him to be
> > in cooperation with you on his behalf.
> >
> > In principles, we highly appreciate your efforts to create ccTLD webpages
> > and Vietnam's in particular. I strongly believe that this move would surely
> > enhance Vietnam's profile in the world forum, granting foreigners and even
> > Vietnamese overseas a better understanding of Vietnamese overview and
> > policies, especially .vn registration, thus helps create business
> > opportunities and investment.
> >
> > Regarding your request, we are pleased to offer the assistances as follows:
> >
> > - We can help you translate documents and texts from English into Vietnamese
> > and then send back to you as well as send you articles of interests.
> >
> > - We are prepared to send you ad banner and statement to promote .vn
> > registration.
> >
> > We highly speak of your initiative in creating links to our most popular
> > websites, considering it as one of many gateways  to connect Vietnam with
> > the rest of the world. We would arrange to send you a list of those.
> >
> > We also have some recommendations with the languages to be interpreted in
> > our web page. It is our opinion that the languages should only be Vietnamese
> >  English, French. The former is our orthodox language and the two latters
> > are international. Furthermore, Vietnam is a country of the French speaking
> > commonwealth so the employment of these three languages are fully reasonable
> >
> > To speak of Chinese, those most popular but only domestically used. We,
> > though occupied by them in history, have separate, independent culture and
> > customs and usually care it as a foreign language in hundreds. I have
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827