Re: [ga] Stalled

On 15:28 30/11/01, Sandy Harris said:
>Jefsey Morfin wrote:
> >
> > ... True @large are the people who would attend the GA should 9 BoD
> > seats be elected by the GA.
>
>No. The membership (participant list) of this assembly is a very different
>thing from the potential electorate for At Large board seats.

It seems you say exactly what I say. And that we are in full agreement? so,
why the "No".

> > With the DN obligation we will probably see
> > Registry and Regustrars running a sales show out of it and introducing
> > again tens of throusand of ignaramuses they will inform their own way.
>
>Perhaps. Also, does a domain hoarder get many votes?

No. One hoarder one vote. The fight will be between .name and others.
The only regulation is through the AL Member fee: someone will have to pay
for it. Probably Registrars if you consider the possible (probable?) scheme.

We have perfect examples of the @large SO: the icann-europe and icann-fra
ML. They were the most active lists during the campaign and its immediate
aftermath. Definitly silent now. People are certainly here, but there is
nothing for them to do. On the GA we at least know that some people are
reading and from time to time care to respond.

Jefsey