Opinion - Re: [ga] Recent BC Membership Decision

There may be issues and positions regarding this matter concerning opinion that
New.net is more destructive to the ICANN function than constructive.  It is
difficult to interpret New.net and its interest in becoming a member of the BC.

It may be the case that New.net believes that it can validate its operation
through the BC process.  However, the BC may have developed opinion that New.net
has demonstrated that it is destructive to the ICANN function and that New.net
will only serve as a BC Member to disrupt the BC process to further its campaign
against ICANN.

New.net is able to participate in the DNSO GA consensus process, like everyone
else.  Thus, New.net is not excluded from the ICANN consensus processes.

New.net could be clearer with its communication that describes the basis of its
complaint about the BC decision.

Derek Conant
DNSGA President and Chairman
Telephone:  (202) 801-0158