Re: [ga] Recent BC Membership Decision

Sounds to me like you're being a cry baby Dave ;)

Have you bothered to read Marylin's position paper regarding "renegade
roots" like yours and ours?

C'mon David, get a clue dude! Exclusion is a good thing, it permits you
the luxury to whine and complain while no one is listening.

My suggestion is that you start by joining a friendly organization that
already represents your interests as a TLD Holder - http://www.TLDA.org

You might be surprised at just how welcomed you would find yourself,
coming in from out in the fringes of the industry that you bullied your
way into so arrogantly.

Or perhaps the reason that no one takes you seriously on this (The
Alternate, deprecated ICANN legacy system) side of the fence is you tried
to have your cake and eat it too by your sudden loss of depth perception
when brown nosing ICANN and embracing it's UDRP - yah that one got you
lots-o-demerits with even your own, now largely  disenfranchised,
registrants :) I couldn't believe my ears when your counsel, Mr Samovar
told me you guys 'thought' you were going to go with the UDRP since,
that's what you 'thought' everyone else was doing (meaning you guys had no
clue about responisibility to your registrants or anything having to do
with policy management). I ROFLMAOPMP'd for quite some time when you guys
pretty much told me you had no idea what that even meant or implied for
your registrants.

And then the infamous, "booty-buddy maneuver" with ICANN that backfired
and blew up in your face, while everyone else in the industry just sat
back and gobbled away from our popcorn bags - again, ROFLing away. Yeah,
just like your little operation was the only game in town, and never once
seeking support from the part of the community that you were, in
actuality, a member of.

It's almost to the point where no one even really takes you guys seriously
at all anymore - you warm up and try to cozy with ICANN and they spit in
your face. Then you try to identify what might have SOME kind of
resemblance to 'home' so you can go and tattle-tale off to your mama :)

When ICANN begins to consider you any thing more than a spec of dog-doo on
Toutan's shoe, when you actually begin to pose a serious commercial
potential in the marketplace, when you finally embrace yourself and your
brethren for what you really are, then and only then will anyone really
take notice of you. Then and only then will you find that you don't have
to bang on doors with rubber batter-rams left over from Chief Bill Gates'
militia. Then and only then will ICANN themselves approach the part of the
community that you truly belong and seek the reconciliation they will
eventually be compelled into.

If you keep acting as if you're the only game in town we'll all be more
than happy to continue accomodating you Dave :)

You operate a "Competing Root System", and it's time you bozos woke up and
realized that the most important asset you have as a Registry/Registrar is
that of your registrants - You can start by guaranteeing them some basic
rights by virtue of their having registered domains through you.

I'll bet you don't even realize that The PacificRoot points to your TLDs
do you? That's why thousands of your customers use our root instead of
yours.

See, we don't have to like The conceited business practices
of organizations like yours (clueless even, I'm glad you took my sound
advice prior to the announcement of your initial launch into existance
and reduced your number of TLDs) in order to foster brotherhood,
cooperation, and rally to your support in our shared corner of the
industry. As a fellow constituent provider of services in the "Inclusive
Name Space" I'm going to give you the same advice Al gore Gave to Bill
Clinton durig the initial months of their first term in office:

"Get with the program Dave".

Or you could continue playing the part of the snot-nosed, petulent,
red-headed stepchild and both ICANN and the rest of the community will
continue ignoring you ;)

BTW, Since we both live and work in the same town why don't we get
together for dinner during the upcoming November meetings? I'll even let
you pick up the tab :)

Bradley D. Thornton
Chief Technology Officer
The PacificRoot/Joint Technologies Ltd.