Re: [ga] rolling up the sleeves.

Joop and all assembly members,

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 10:55 21/09/01 -0400, Peter de Blanc wrote:
> >Perhaps I am confused here...
> >
> >The URL belo includes "/idno". Is that "Individual Domain Name Holders"?
> >
> >Are we talking about an "Individuals'" constituency or an "Individual
> >Domain Name Holders'" constituency ?
>
> Peter,
>
> Sorry about the location of the draft Charter document on the site
> currently used for the benefit of the idno.

  Not only that Joop, but the Charter looks almost like and exact copy of the
IDNO Charter.  Perhaps you can explain??

> To avoid confusion I will move the document to
> www.democracy.org.nz/iccharter.htm and also post it on ga-icann.
>
> We are talking about an Individual Domain Name Holders' constituency. This
> is clear enough when you read it.

  Well actually it isn't all that clear really as I pointed out earlier on my
original response. See: http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc08/msg01487.html

> Since it is about a constituency of the DNSO (or whatever is left of it),
> the name is abreviated to IC. It could also be the IRC (Individual
> Registrants C). Whatever the consensus is.
>
> The ALSC has now also come up with Individual DN Holders as "members" of ICANN.
> If in their final position the criteria for membership of the two will be
> alike , then obviously, the two will merge.

  I am not so sure anyone could say that the two would merge.

> (In the near-final draft of the ALSC they are not alike--the draft speaks
> about "contact" in their current definition of Individual Domain Name Holder.)
>
> The DNSO constituency role is to be actively involved with policymaking and
> al Large members who are satisfied with electing regional directors or
> involvement in regional councils can restrict their participation to that.

  Individual members are not in any way restricted to simply electing
regional directors and/or just involved in regional councils.  They too
are to be involved in policy making as well.  So it seems that you are a
bit confused Joop...

> Participation in the work of the DNSO would be the logical proving ground
> for candidate at Large Directors.

  It could be.  But thus far that doesn't seem to have worked out very well...

> But the at Large is still in the future. The DNSO and its Individuals
> Constituency is here and now.

  Well than submit your petition and start gaining membership!  >;)

> The Task Force now has a proposal to look at.

  Ok we [INEGroup] Looked at it.  And we see some very
troubling concerns.  Again see:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc08/msg01487.html
for some of the detail.

> --Joop

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827