Re: [ga] FYI: Alleged links between WTC attacks and domain names

John and all assembly members,

  Good points here in your post John!  Well done!

  Indeed the leadership of ICANN in the past and currently, to include
Mike Roberts, Stuart Lynn, Joe Sims and especially Louis Touton
have been extremely negligent in their lax oversight which they are
responsible in part for.  I am the spokesman for our members
have repeatedly warned these gentlemen in various way to
shape up or ship out, as the say...  To date, they have done neither.
As a result, terrorists have been able to garner funding from
citizens of the US, without their knowing it, yet the ICANN
leadership did!  I find that appalling and negligent in the extreme!

  It is in my humble opinion that these gentlemen be hauled
in front of a federal judge to explain their negligence without
further delay!

John Berryhill wrote:

> > 2) Two of the names refer to the year 2001, not
> > to 1993 (year of first WTC attack).
>
> Yes, and potential pope names are registered up through JohnPaul6.com and
> beyond, for every pope name permutation.  That's the nature of speculation -
> making guesses.  If, in successive years, I register PapalVote2001,
> PapalVote2002, PapalVote2003, and so on, then sooner or later I'm going to
> get lucky.
>
> So, pick a likely and/or known terrorist target, and register it with
> "attack" and a numeric year for a single annual term each year... it only
> costs ten bucks.
>
> You'll notice that sept12.com was registered on September 11, 2001,
> apparently by someone who thought perhaps things might become more dramatic
> the next day.
>
> As far as *any* relevance to whois data, it is well beyond obvious that the
> only data which counts is the credit card data used to purchase the domain
> names, and which is readily available to law enforcement.
>
> The media blurb on these unregistered names, while other domain names remain
> registered and used by governments and organizations which have been deemed
> terrorist organizations in the US and with whom doing business is illegal in
> the US, demonstrates an odd set of priorities.  The revenue derived by US
> registrars from domain names registered to parties in Iraq, Libya, Cuba, and
> other embargoed countries is well into the hundreds of thousands of dollars,
> according to one estimate I have been provided.
>
> Additionally, ICANN itself maintained operation of the .yu top-level domain
> during the entire time that doing business with the Federal Republic of
> Yugoslavia was contrary to US law.  Not only that, but ICANN had the
> unmitigated gall to send a bill of $1446.05 to Yugoslavia (see
> http://www.icann.org/financials/cctld-contribution-chart-10may00.htm )
> so that an indicted war criminal could continue to spew his propaganda at
> www.gov.yu during our armed conflict with him.  The FRY was the subject of
> OFAC regulations, and their service should have been shut off immediately.
>
> If Mike Roberts doesn't want "terrorists" voting in the At-Large, then it is
> well beyond time that he and others who support ICANN wake up and remember
> that their sole claim of authority rests on an agreement with the Government
> of the United States, and ONLY the United States, and that their maintenance
> of a market which is actively engaging in commercial transactions with
> enemies of the United States should be discontinued.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827