Re[2]: [ga] Registrars Draft: Transfers

Thursday, Thursday, September 20, 2001, 1:44:07 PM, Joanna Lane wrote:

> Why does the Losing Registrar need to know whether the Domain is in a UDRP
> situation, or more important, whether the Registered Name Holder is pending
> bankrupcy? Surely, as long as the Losing Registrar's bills are paid, and the
> Domain will still be subject to the same UDRP procedures whoever the gaining
> Registrar may be, it's none of their business? It seems to me another reason
> for delay, also an intrusion of privacy into a Registrant's personal
> affairs. Anyway, how on earth can a Registrar check whether a foreign
> national is subject to a pending bankrupcy?

These parts of the "rules" are not new, they are in the existing
policies as well.  It provides for a reason why the losing registrar
may deny a transfer, not that they are obligated to do so.

Remember, the UDRP provides that someone filing legal actin may do so
in the jurisdiction of the registrar, so a change of registrars during
a UDRP proceeding would change the entire dynamics of the process.
(By the way, I strongly disagree with that provision of the UDRP).

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>