Re: [ga] Registrars Draft: Transfers

on 9/20/01 2:07 PM, dannyyounger@cs.com at dannyyounger@cs.com wrote:

> Inter-Registrar Transfers Draft Document posted by the Registrar Constituency:
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc01/doc00057.doc

Thanks Danny,

Maybe I'm being dense, but with regard to the following paragraphs:-

"Losing Registrar minimum attribute check - Upon receipt of the transfer
announcement sent by the registry, the Losing Registrar may undertake to
check that the domain registration is not subject to one of the following
conditions:

Situations described in the Domain Dispute Resolution Policy
A pending bankruptcy of the Registered Name holder
Dispute over the identity of the Registered Name holder
Request to transfer sponsorship occurs in the first 60 days after the
initial registration with the Registrar.

Losing Registrar denies transfer - If the registration pending transfer
possesses any, or any number of, the aforementioned attributes, the Losing
Registrar may deny the transfer request in accordance with the relevant
Registry Agreement."

Why does the Losing Registrar need to know whether the Domain is in a UDRP
situation, or more important, whether the Registered Name Holder is pending
bankrupcy? Surely, as long as the Losing Registrar's bills are paid, and the
Domain will still be subject to the same UDRP procedures whoever the gaining
Registrar may be, it's none of their business? It seems to me another reason
for delay, also an intrusion of privacy into a Registrant's personal
affairs. Anyway, how on earth can a Registrar check whether a foreign
national is subject to a pending bankrupcy?

Regards,
Joanna