[ga] Having been a candidate to the BoD

I sent a mail to Amadeu congratulating him. Participating to this election
was a rewarding experience as it permitted a complete personal review of
the ICANN and of its various interests.
But the result of the experience is rather sad.

The ICANN is obviously engaged in an incredibly petty, sufficient and
incompetent attempt at dominance where network and sometimes honnesty has
nothing to do and ill managed small money and big business interests
everything (I must say that I support most of what Joana said.
http://internetstakeholders.com/ )

This is what surprised me most. The system is absurd, that I known - you
only have to read the texts, the press and try to get domain names. That
the business, money lobbying are every where, we see it. But I was still
under the impression that the people in charge were biased yet dedicated
and competent.

I am quite dismayed to have discovered that "in charge", "dedicated" and
"competent" were nbot necessarily going together, biased or not. And that
most of the "competence" was sufficiency or a pretext for sufficiency....
down to the absurd.

This and this alone would make me applaud to the over messy - they gave us
4 minutes to send them a mail responding to their questions ... - yet
genuine ccSO. And to people in here.

Thank you to Roberto, Harald, Danny, Joana, Bill, Sotiris, Jeff, Eric,
Peter, Elisabeth, Kristie, etc... sorry for all those dod not quote.. not
to be sufficient, nor dishonnest.

The chance of the Internet is there.

As the IALNA develop I do hope it can be involved both with the ICANN and
the WWAccTLD until the WWccTLD takes the ICANN over. My prayer for the
world is that they never sign anything "a la Jones Days" ....

The good news for the Internet today came from Tokyo.
Thank you Jun!

Jefsey