Re: [ga] Status of the Review Task Force

Peter de Blanc wrote:

> I believe that
>
> 1. icann should interact with  ccTLDs.
> 2. ccTLDs should inteact with ICANN.
>
> The Internet is truly global. Both technicasl coordination and model
> policy should be as consistent as possible.
>
> This does not mean that "ICANN rules".
>
> Here's an example, ICANN has UDRP, ccTLDs have, or will have "Local
> DRP". Interaction will assure that each TLD has SOME kind of dispute
> resolution policy,

And this is supposed to be a "good?"  As a "technical coordination entity"
(hah!), ICANN never had any business poking its nose into who gets what
domain name.  Its only concern should be that the domain name works, and
let the parties go do battle somewhere else. I don't see where ICANN was
ever given any "model policy" agenda, and those who fall into the trap of
mindlessly adopting such jargon are only assisting in their own burial under

ICANN (and WIPO, etc.) red tape and what the law (in the U.S.) calls
"officious intermeddling."
]\
Bill Lovell

> and that such policy is applied fairly.
>
> Also, interaction and consultation between various constituencies and
> Sos facilitates the security and stability of the global Internet
>
> Peter de Blanc

The URLs for Best Practices:
DNSO Citation:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
(Under "Other Information Documents"; "August 2001:
Proposal for Best Practices for the DNSO GA." This
page also includes much else about the DNSO.)
Part I:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
Part II:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
(Access to the .pdf file requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader,
available for free down load at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)
Part III:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-PartIII.html