RE: [ga] Montevideo GA meeting, 8 Sep 2001, agenda

Roberto, and all:

Regarding your "second one disturbing"

Disclaimer: I am speaking personally, as an NC member, but NOT for the
entire NC.

You say " I find severely disturbing that they are not interested in the
debate with the candidates."

I am VERY interested in debate with the candidates.

You say "Is the debate going on somewhere else?"

Yes, it is. It is happenning on the lists, with questions to the
candidates and their answers, position statements by the candidates, and
reference to the endorsements of the candidates.

The debate will also go on in our (ccTLD) face-to-face constituency
meeting. That is why I supported the idea of beginning the elections
AFTER the constituency meeting in montevideo. Because of language
diversity, it is helpful to have face-to-face constituency discussions
about the candidates.

You say " Or have the NC reps already made up their mind?"

I will not make a final decision on who to vote for until the first hour
of the vote. All inputs will be considered, the lists, the candidates
postings, and my constituents thoughts.

As for a telephone link, that is an excellent idea for last-minute
presentations by the candidates that can not be there in person.

A call in during the GA session would be most appropriate.

Peter de Blanc