From: Roberto Gaetano [mailto:ga_list@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 3:30 AM
To: DNSO.Secretariat@dnso.org; ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] Montevideo GA meeting, 8 Sep 2001, agenda

Very good work from Danny to put such complete and detailed agenda together.
May I just say that there are two things I find disturbing, though (not the
fault of the Chair, obviously).

The first one is only moderately disturbing, more a worry than anything
else:

>      10:10 - 10:15 Simultaneous Translation Task Force - Pilar Luque
>      10:15 - 10:20 New TLD Evaluation Task Force - Y.J.Park
>      10:20 - 10:25 UDRP Task Force - Milton Mueller
>      10:25 - 10:30 WHOIS Committee
>      10:30 - 10:35 Review Task Force - Roberto Gaetano
>      10:35 - 10:40 .Org Task Force - Milton Mueller
>      10:40 - 10:50 Cyberspace Association - Joop Teernstra
>      10:50 - 11:00 Global Internet Policy Initiative - Alan Davidson

Some Task Forces have representatives elected by the GA. I would have
preferred to see the GA reps reporting (maybe via telephone link if they are

unable to attend in person) rather than have somebody else doing it.
I find it risky to have elected officials that do not communicate with the
electing body.

The second one is seriously disturbing:

>   6. Session with the DNSO Board Candidates:
>
>      11:00 - 11:20 Candidates' Statements
>      11:20 - 12:00 Open Microphone: Questions for the Candidates

The problem is not to allocate GA time to discuss with the candidates, but
rather the fact that no time is allocated in the NC agenda.
Considering that who votes in the end are the NC reps, I find severely
disturbing that they are not interested in the debate with the candidates.
Is the debate going on somewhere else?
Or have the NC reps already made up their mind?
Maybe I'm just paranoiac, and all NC reps will be attending the GA, and
follow attentively the debate with the candidates.

Incidentally, I proposed some time ago a telephone link with the candidates
that will not be able to make it to Montevideo, if any.
Is this a feasible option?
Not like participation "in person", but still better than nothing, methinks.

Regards
Roberto
(always thinking that in absence of the "perfect solution" a reasonable
subset is better than nothing)