RE: [ga] Funding of ICANN Board candidate travel expenses and Election timing.

On 02:47 21/08/01, L Gallegos said:
>It is ultimately much more fair to fund those who cannot do
>so themselves and ensure participation by all candidates.

When I said "all candidates", I though about GA candidates.
It happens that none has business interest and suppot to get
there, while Amadeu is a Director and Paul Kane will be there
as part of his NC membership.

>My only concern is fairness.  It would be a mistake, IMO, to have
>some candidates physically participate and exclude others due to
>financial considerations.

As a candidate my concern is efficiency. No one accepts to be
a candidate to the BoD for fun. I only want to help and that the
one who may best help be selected.

Jefsey.