Re: [ga] Funding of ICANN Board candidate travel expenses

Peter,
We are in agreement, but it may be that over time, as outreach and online
participation improves, that the need to take the message physically to the
peoples of the world will not be so important. After all, there will always
be some parts of the world where political instability prevents us from
meeting in person, hence geographical diversity of physical meeting place
does help, but is no substitute for an outreach policy by other means.

Regards,

Joanna

The URLs for Best Practices: DNSO Citation:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
(Under "Other Information Documents"; "August 2001:
Proposal for Best Practices for the DNSO GA")
Part I:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
Part II:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
(Access to the .pdf file requires installing the Adobe Acrobat
Reader, which is available for free down load at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)