Re[6]: [ga] Funding of ICANN Board candidate travel expenses

Monday, Monday, August 20, 2001, 3:59:49 AM, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> William,

>> > What objection to you have against Joop receiving travel subsidy?
>>
>>That he is using the IDNO name to get it, and he has no authority to
>>do that, to use our names to get his expenses paid so he can further
>>his own agenda.

> For the record, Joop did not use the name of IDNO to receive travel subsidy.
> I have been contacted by the Salzburg Seminar, who asked whether I had any
> names to suggest as candidate for the funding, and I suggested Joop and
> other people that I feel would bring an added value to the meeting.
> You know that my views and Joop's views diverge about the formation of an
> individuals/registrants constituency, but I believe that he is an essential
> element of the picture.

> When I contacted Joop, he told me that he did not plan to apply, because he
> had not been accepted in the past, and did not see why he would have been
> accepted this time. It was only after my insisting on him giving another try
> that he applied.

After your involvement, the Salzburg Seminar gave Joop the
requirements, which included the IDNO becoming a member of the NCDNHC,
thus the IDNO name WAS used as the basis for his getting the subsidy,
as they would not have required that unless he was going as the IDNO
representative.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>