From: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org] On Behalf Of Roeland
Meyer
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 1:31 AM
To: 'Peter de Blanc'; ga@dnso.org
Cc: 'Jefsey Morfin'
Subject: RE: [ga] Re: Documentation request

Thank you Peter. This very point is one that I brought up often. One
fear is that separate incorporation would disqualify a group from being
a constituency. None of the original SO's are thus incorporated, even
the BC. They are all a part of the ICANN corporation.

One of the main purposes, for incorporating, was exactly the issue you
mention here, how do you fund something that doesn't legally exist?
Without funding, there is no way to do recruitment.

|> After all, even 1.0 percent of US $ 250 million in domain name fees
|> would be $ 2.5 million dollars. That is 5 times the CENTR budget, 25
|> times the ccTLD budget, and about 50% of the budget of ICANN itself.
|>
|> This is a serious post. There is no sarcasm here. It is my considered

|> suggestion as to a possible way for you to move forward.

I think it is the only way to move foward. Especially, in the face of
stout opposition.