From: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org] On Behalf Of William
X Walsh
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 9:48 PM
To: Joop Teernstra
Cc: Kent Crispin; ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re[2]: [ga] Re: Documentation request

Tuesday, Tuesday, August 14, 2001, 4:57:58 PM, Joop Teernstra wrote:
> Logically, the adherence to a Mission Statement as a condition for
> successful signup as a member makes it *more* credible that those who
> sign up wish to be  represented by the organization, its charter and
> its mission statement.

A constituency has no need for a "mission statement" as its mission will
vary depending on the will of the members, which may change even week to
week.  Any such statements as mandatory membership requirements would
only serve to stifle the constituency.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>