From: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org] On Behalf Of
DannyYounger@cs.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 9:23 PM
To: ga@dnso.org
Cc: kstubbs@digitel.net
Subject: [ga] Re: Documentation request

Ken,

Pardon me if I sounded at all pessimistic.  I do believe that you can
spearhead this effort in the Council, and only seek to remind you of the

explicit language of the Business Plan to which the Council has
committed
itself:

The original language stated the following:
5.4 Individuals Constituency. Review the need, uniqueness, potential
contribution and representiveness of an individual domain name holder's
constituency. http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-plan/Arc00/doc00003.doc

This language was then modified by Erica:
5.4 New Constituencies: Review and clarify process for creation of new
constituencies http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-plan/Arc00/doc00004.doc

The change in wording was acceptable to your Chair:
"Erica, thanks for your insight. I support both your changes.  Philip."
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-plan/Arc00/msg00016.html

The Business Plan was then ratified at the Melbourne session.

As the Council has already made the decision to "clarify the process",
we are
waiting for the Council to get its job done.

Quoting Erica:  "I believe it is more important for us to focus on the
process issue than on the specific question of whether an Individual
Constituency should be established.  Once the process is clarified, then
it
is clear what hoops any group (including those who wish to establish an
individuals constituency) will have to jump thru in order to get
recognition." http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-plan/Arc00/msg00015.html

If you can facilitate this "clarification", we will offer you all
necessary
support.