Re: [ga] Re: Excess Posting Limits

Actually, my recollection is not the same as Eric's. I distinctly remember
proxy posting priviliges being accepted without complaint in similar
circumstances, whereby member A advocated on an issue particularly well, and
was given member B's proxy to speak on their behalf, therefore member A
could exceed a 5/day limit that had been imposed temporarily. Consequently,
I thought it *was* accepted practice of the GA, or certainly WG's.

Whether it *should* be treated as BEST PRACTICE or not is another ISSUE, but
it seems to occur so infrequently, it doesn't seem worth a CALL FOR ACTION.

While I did not identify the relevant URLs in the Archives as I had hoped, I
did come across a position paper on procedural issues from Kent, posted only
about six months ago, which may be of interest:-

"It is important, though, that WGs have some procedural freedom -- the
criteria for success of the WG should be the documents produced, not how
slavishly the WG followed procedure.  This procedural freedom is
necessary if the procedures are to evolve and develop over time."  (*)

http://www.dnso.org/wgroups/wg-review/Arc02/msg01428.html

Regards,
Joanna