Re: [ga] WHOIS Outreach [Fwd: Names Council]

technizmo wrote:

> Sotiris,
>
> I appreciate the sentiment... but are you suggesting
> we spam the WHOIS list?
>
> Sincerely,
> Jason Graff

Jason,

I am not suggesting we indiscriminately spam the WHOIS list, even though other
less scrupulous elements do so regularly (even selling its contents to
marketers).  All I did was conduct a few searches of domain names that in all
likelihood suggest registrant familiarity/interest in domain name
issues/matters.  The fellow I emailed seemed a likely candidate to approach as
he'd registered the domain "namescouncil.com".  Now, I may be wrong, but I am
not aware of any other "Names Council" in existence.  If we were able to reach
out to 50 such individuals, I'm sure the word would spread even further and we
might see a (to my mind) much anicipated influx of fresh members to the GA.
As far as I'm concerned, the participation rate among the current 300 or so
members is less than inspiring.  Perhaps some new blood is just what we need
to stir the pot around here a little...

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos