Re: [ga] SABOT

On 2001-07-04 09:10:37 +1000, Patrick Corliss wrote:

>I imagine that it would be possible for the DNSO Secretariat to
>set the mailing lists so that all mails were forwarded to
>[ga-full].  This would be a budensome task and I cannot see any
>support for it except from Jefsey Morfin himself.

This would, of course, be a trivial task for the secretariat.

However, it would be burdensome to the subscribers to ga-full, and
possibly to the other lists.

So, if someone believes they absolutely have to mess around with
ga-full in order to silence Jefsey (or to please Eric, or whatever),
please ask the ga-full subscribers FIRST.  If they want all sublists
- fine, go ahead, ask the secretariat to direct all sublists to
ga-full.  You'd do everyone concerned a favor.

However, I'd guess it would be considerably wiser to just let Jefsey
post his messages to lists where they don't belong.

IFF (if and only if) the split-up is carried by general consensus of
list members, he'll soon notice that his messages to "wrong" lists
will be ignored, or that replies are directed back to the
appropriate sub-list.  I suppose that Jefsey would notice this
sooner or later, and would follow general consensus.  (Otherwise,
he'd start to look foolish at some point.)

If, however, the split-up is not carried by consensus, it may be
time to rethink it.

In either of these case, I don't thinkt here is any need to start
bothering the ga list with public notes about Jefsey's behaviour. We
all see what he does, and make our own judgements about it. If you
want to talk just to him, and try to persuade him to follow
consensus (which will either be unnecessary, or unsuccessful - see
above), please do so, possibly CCing your co-chair or ga-abuse. But,
please, don't do so on ga.

So, could we please stop this thread and leave things to themselves?

--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/