Re: [ga] UDRP Questionnaire

On 02:09 04/07/01, Sandy Harris said:
>Of course, those names have other uses and one could attempt a legal or
>economic
>definition of the term 'domain name'. However, any such attempt would have
>to be
>based on the definition in that RFC.

Dear Sandy,
I am afraid that (as foressen in RFC 1034) the domain names have many other
technical uses that they had when defined in 1988 documents. I note that
the semantic we were using was slighly different 1O years before but some
of the technical capacities that where attached to them are not yet on the
nets. There is therefore a very wide area in term of new technical uses of
the DNs. The IP ringmarole based upon TLD limitations and TL-classes
disrespect will eventually fade away and innovation will resume. There is a
time for techies, a time for lawyers and a time for the users. Louis Touton
is working smartly hard to delay the time of the users, but I doubt he
succeeds... That man must sleep from time to time.
Jefsey