Re: [ga] GA's UDRP Task Force Representative

on 7/2/01 12:08 AM, DannyYounger@cs.com at DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Dear Elisabeth,
>
> The Names Council has asked the General Assembly to select a candidate for
> the UDRP Task Force.  Please prepare an GA-Announce message detailing the
> voting process whereby we may elect such a representative.   As the Council
> has indicated that it seeks to move ahead rapidly with this Task Force,
> please keep the timeline for this process as short as is reasonably possible.
>
> PS.  Self-nominations are acceptable.
>
> Thank you,
> Danny Younger

Hello Elisabeth,

What is "as short as is reasonably possible"? As you may know, we are
working on a Best Practices Initiative that seeks guidelines for known DNSO
tasks. With respect to the election of a GA representative, would you say it
is reasonable to allow 7 days for GA discussion (following receipt of
request from NC), followed by 7 days for nominations, followed by 7 days for
voting, total time needed for procedure to elect a representive, 21 days?
This would give you (aka the secretariat) 7 days notice of services required
by the GA following the initial announcement, but assumes the secretariat
can process announcements within that timeframe. Please advise.

Regards,
Joanna