Re: [ga] Some other ideas about the questions... [ga-udrp] UDRP Questionna ire

WXW and all assembly members,

William X. Walsh wrote:

> > BOTH THE U.S. AND THE UK, TO MY KNOWLEDGE ACCEPT COMMON LAW RIGHTS.]
>
> Yes, but common law rights are so unclear in many cases, that it is
> probably a good idea to have them excluded from mandatory arbitration,
> and leave them to the courts.

  NO not in many cases, but only a very few...  None the less this is the
reason that the current UDRP is considered Extra-legal and becoming more
broadly thought as such.

> > of
>
> Doesn't matter.  If we exclude them from the UDRP, the trademark
> holders still have the right to go to court.  The UDRP doesn't have to
> provide mandatory arbitration for every type of IP claim out there.

  The TM holders have the right to go to court anyway in most countries.
So this is a non-issue...

> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
> DNS Services from $1.65/mo

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827