Re: [ga] Some other ideas about the questions... [ga-udrp] UDRP Questionna ire

Marilyn and all assembly members,

  You seem to have left our that there have already been several
additional questions added to Miltons list, by myself (7), Jefsey (1)
Chris ( 3 or 4)...  Those can be found in the ga-udrp@dnso.org
list archives.  You might want to compile a "Complete" list of the
thus far suggested questions so as to be more inclusive, accurate
and accountable....

Cade,Marilyn S - LGA wrote:

> Bill, you do feel strongly about that subject!  :-)
>
> I know there are a lot of opinions on this topic, and I don't want to start
> a range war. I'm not commenting on whether a questionnaire is a good idea or
> not, but I agree that real verifiable facts are GOOD!  I'm a little
> concerned that all questionnaires that might be distributed (I said this
> about the WHOIS questionnaire as well) should be considered probably
> qualitative input.  But that doesn't mean it isn't useful as background,
> etc.
>
> I'll try to add a question or perhaps some other ideas/clarifications to
> Milton's list.  They are in caps inserted into a copy of Milton's initial
> list with a comment in [] if needed.  I understand that Milton may not
> accept my friendly amendments :-) and could offer them as stand alone
> questions, should you prefer, Milton.
>
> A well qualified statistically valid study will take time and money, and
> expertise which should be neutral and verifiable. BUT, getting some ideas
> out via initial methods like this can be a great start to improving what is
> known, what is believed, what is understood, and what still mystical.
>
> Marilyn
>
> > >001.    To what extent are panel decisions consistent with applicable
> lawS? [I thought it better to note that there are multiple laws, and of
> course, jurisdictional issues; I am not a lawyer, so Milton in particular
> should comment on whether the "s" is needed.]
> > >002.    Are decisions REGARDING CASES WITH SIMILAR CHARACTERISTICS/FACTS
> consistent across panelists and dispute resolution
> > >service providers, and if not, what can be done about it? IS INFORMATION
> AVAILABLE IN AGGREGATE FORM FROM EACH OF THE PROVIDERS WHICH WOULD ALLOW
> SUCH AN ANALYSIS?
> > >003.    Is the potential for abuse of claimed common law rights so great
> that
> > >the policy should be limited to registered marks? [THIS IS A COMMENT:
> BOTH THE U.S. AND THE UK, TO MY KNOWLEDGE ACCEPT COMMON LAW RIGHTS.]
> > >004.    Should generic names, geographical names, initials and numbers be
> > >protected from claims by any trademark or name rights' owner, regardless
> of
> > >the owner's fame? AND IF SO, IS THE CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAWS?
> > >005.    Is the high respondent default rate due to a lack of real and
> timely
> > >notice of complaints and/or a lack of time to respond? IS INFORMATION
> AVAILABLE, IN ADDITION, ABOUT HOW MANY INCIDENTS OF INCOMPLETE OR INACCURATE
> REGISTRATION INFORMATION HAVE HINDERED NOTIFICATION?
> > >006.    Do complainants and respondents have parity in post-UDRP access
> > >the courts?
> > >007.    Should the ability to challenge a name under the UDRP expire
> after a
> > >single registrant has held the name for a specified period of time?
> > >008.     Should there be an internal review mechanism (such as an appeal
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827