RE: [ga] [ADMIN] Four Week Suspension of Eric Dierker

> We receive complaints about certain posts, and we only decide
> upon posts about which we receive complaints. Peter de Blanc
> states that there are "other postings by other people which
> did NOT result in suspensions" to which he apparently objects
> more than to Eric's, and I agree. But again: We stick to posts
> about which we receive complaints; we cannot both complain
> and judge. If you feel that postings by other people violate
> the list rules and should result in suspensions, complain
> about them.

The initial post about Eric being suspended listed the URL of the rules as a
reminder.

This was listed as http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules.html

The above statement contradicts the rules as stated:

"Certain persons appointed by the GA Chair (the list monitors) have the task

of monitoring the list for posts that violate these rules."

This states that the monitor should review ALL posts to ensure they do not
break the rules and not just investigate when a complaint is received. No
where in the rules do I see a process to contact the monitor about what I
might feel is a breach of these rules.

Now, perhaps the rules are out of date, if that is so they need to be
updated prior to them being used as the grounds of a suspension.

I dislike overt monitoring of a list but lets all agree to the ground rules
and not enforce them as we feel like it. I do not know Eric but I find it
curious that the process appears to differ from the rules that are in place.

Also at this point of time I would like to point out that the posts were
made on May 25th and June 10th. Does it really take 3 weeks to rule on a
post or does it take 3 weeks to get enough 'body of evidence' to make an
overall ruling?

Steven Heath