Re: [ga] DNSO Secretariat

Dear Erica,
You are absolutely true. We must make sure the secretariat is not to represent any particular region. This is why considering the abnormal over representation of a small (by head count) part of the world at the DNSO, hiring a consultant from that region seemed highly inapropriate.

Because it precisely underlines geographic aspects which should be neutral. Just think about the uproar if that Autralian person was to select a New Zealand secretary. It would dramatically highlight the geographical aspect we do not want.

I apologize here to Elisabeth: people from the icann-fra list pointed out that she actually is 50% French and 50% Polish, by birth, life and ... iCANN oriented meetings. So Eastern Europe is represented by .5 person and Europe and France by .5 person less in my mathematics. I know Elisabeth is much demanded for a new project but I do not know what her plans are. If she was to be replaced finding againg her kind of non internet-dominant multi-cultural roots would certainly be an asset for us all when the DNSO has to make a real outreach effort - if it (is to) survive(s). As she is an NC Member Europe(s)/France would not lose presence. So it would be a nice way to introduce a new culture we might all benefit from. Don't you think so?

Jefsey