Re[2]: [ga] Re: ASO + PSO = TSO Technical Supporting Organisation

Hello erica,

Friday, June 15, 2001, 8:13:00 PM, erica wrote:

> Patrick said:
>  > I much prefer a three-way split between supply, demand and technical
>> > infrastructure (such as ISPs and telcos).  That's natural and works
> pretty
>> > well in Australia.

> I'm not sure where this works in Australia, but in my experience the
> technical is generally seen as part of the supply side.  Demand side
> identifies the outcomes required or needed, but the ways and means of
> achieving  outcomes are the responsibility of supply side.

Perhaps in most instances, but in this case, the technical are
distinctly different and have a different set of concerns and issues.
The IETF for instance doesn't really fit the profile of a supplier or
a consumer, nor would it share the same set of concerns as either of
those.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh