Re: [ga] Membership Drive

At 07:34 13/06/01 +1200, DPF wrote:
>On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:07:57 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >I propose the DNSO Secretariat prepares a formal press announcement to
> >invite the general public to subscribe to the Electoral Register of the
> >General Assembly for the specific purposes of participating in the
> >forthcoming election to select the next candidate to represent the DNSO on
> >the Board of Directors.
>
>The GA does not get to elect the Board member.  We get to nominate
>people but not make the selection.

Sure. But there is nothing that stops the GA from turning the nomination
process into a strong message about the preferred candidate, to the NC
Nominations count just like votes.

On the other hand, a successful membership drive prior to an election will
only give the NC a justification for electing "their" candidate.
Better not rock the boat that way just now with an invitation to capture.
Most constitutions have rules that freeze the voters' roll  xx days prior
to an election.
For good reason.

--Joop--
Founder of the Cyberspace Association.