Re[2]: [ga] Re: [ga-sys] British Privacy Laws

Hello Joanna,

Tuesday, June 12, 2001, 3:50:58 AM, Joanna Lane wrote:

> on 6/12/01 4:25 AM, William X. Walsh at william@userfriendly.com wrote:

>> Hello Joanna,
>>
>> Welcome back to the GA list.

> William, the only game I'm willing to play with you is the killfile game.
> All the points you raised have already been answered fully on the ga-sys
> list for all to see. Reposting these comments from one list to another, in
> some sort of circular game, is not very clever. I do not know anybody who
> takes kindly to being played for a fool and deliberately wasting a person's
> time usually leads to rejection. Welcome to my killfile.

Your choice, as always, Joanna.  But the point is that these issues
are important enough that the GA would benefit from their being
presented here, instead of to the extremely small subset of
participants on ga-sys, where nothing substantive has happened on
these issues.

The debate rightly belongs here, where those who are not at the
extremes as you and I can share in the debate and perhaps come to a
conclusion that you and I and the small subset on ga-sys never would.

I'm doing you a favor.  Had I wanted your comments to remain in
obscurity, I could have left them on the ga-sys list that hardly
anyone reads or responds to.

It's not a game, Joanna, I put the comments on the forum where I felt
they belonged in the first place.  And in doing so, brought in a much
larger group who can discuss the issue (if only our leadership
starting guiding discussions in a proper fashion so that we could
actually make some progress).

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh