Re[2]: [ga] GA-REVIEW & Other Mailing Lists

Hello William,

Monday, June 11, 2001, 10:55:14 PM, William S. Lovell wrote:

> Excellent response by Joanna. In the first place, measuring the value of
> a list by the amount of traffic it has is an extraordinary misperception of
> the process.

Ok, ignore the one sided low traffic levels.  What purpose has the
list served that would not have been served by having those issues on
the main GA?

To be honest, I see the removal of this issue to the ga-sys sublist as
more harmful to Joanna's (and apparently your own) cause.  The list
will only attract people and posts from polar opposites.  We have
already seen that.

The subject is more likely to get better coverage, and much broader
debate and higher level of input, by being right here on this list.

The GA-SYS list does not help progress on the issues Joanna has
raised.

I'm not advocating the dissolution of the list because the subject
discussed there is one I do not agree with.

I advocate the dissolution of the lists because they serve no purpose
but segregation and division, and do not contribute in any substantive
way towards progress.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh