Re: [ga] Re: Blending Top-down and Bottoms-up

WXW, Danny and all assembly members,

William X. Walsh wrote:

> Hello Danny,
>
> Sunday, June 10, 2001, 1:29:19 PM, Danny Younger wrote:
> > but if asked to self-organize, to take our own General Assembly lists and
> > turn them into research committees, the equivalent of productive working
> > groups, we fail.   We have a list devoted to ROOTS that has generated over
> > 700 comments so far, but do we have one single substantive document that has
> > emerged?

  To answer Danny's question here.  Yes Danny we do.  Had you taken
the time and effort to properly review the g-roots list, you would know that
Simon Higgs has submitted such a draft.  He also submitted to the
IETF as well...  I believe the Kent Crispin also submitted such a draft
as well that is opposite of Simons...

> That is because the subject is not one that it is appropriate to have
> a document on.

  Please try to do a better job of proper review.  (See above comments
to Danny)...

> Alternative roots are outside our scope.  They have no relevance as
> far as the DNSO of ICANN is concerned.

  This is YOUR opinion and it may be shared by others.  However
it is the opinion of many others that this statement is incorrect and
therefore no appropriate to date...

> > We have become so comfortable with the notion that it is appropriate to be
> > constantly attacking our leadership and challenging the decisions of our
> > leadership, that we fail to recognize the deleterious consequences of our
> > actions.
>
> You just lost me Danny.
>
> Anyone who claims questions of process are more important than action,
> is someone who is seeing that their own view points and agenda are not
> getting advanced enough.

  This may be true.  Than again it may not be so.  There are any number of
motives/reasons why questions of process are more important, as the
process drives the actions...

> To you, it is more important that there be action, not that the action
> be appropriate or right.

  I don't get this from anything that Danny has said.

> > The new lists are admittedly an experiment.  Let's experiment a little
> > longer to see if we can achieve meaningful results.
>
> They've already failed.

  I am sure of this.  I am sure that there are to many.

> > As many are reticent to volunteer, I will therefore appoint the following
> > people to this Organizing Committee (they are of course at liberty to
> > decline such an appointment):
>
> > 1. Sotiris Souteropolis
> > 2. William Walsh
> > 3. Jefsey Morphin
> > 4. Marilyn Cade
> > 5. Eric Dierker
> > 6. Leah Gallegos
> > 7. Joop Teenstra
> > 8. Bret Fausett
> > 9. Joanna Lane
>
> Declined.

  Fine WXW.  Danny I would be happy to take WXW's place for the
Roots task force slot...

> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh
> mailto:william@userfriendly.com
> Owner, Userfriendly.com
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827