Re: (Fwd) Re: [ga] Nomination Process

Leah and all assembly members,

L Gallegos wrote:

> Oops, sorry for the mis-directed post. :(

> From:                   "L Gallegos" <jandl@jandl.com>
> To:                     ga-roots@dnso.org
> Date sent:              Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:37:13 -0400
> Subject:                [ga-roots] Re: [ga] Nomination Process
> Send reply to:          jandl@jandl.com
>
> On 10 Jun 2001, at 2:15, Jeff Williams wrote:
>

> >   I agree.  This would include than, stock holders of some Domain Names
> > that are part of that corps. intellectual property, such as VRSN/NSOL/
> > Networksolutions.com/NSOL.com/verisign.com, ect... ect... as well as
> > other corp. types such as the joint partnership corp. that has a domain
> > name as part of their corps. Intellectual Property.
>
> I thoroughly disagree, Jeff.  IDNHC is individual domain name holders
> constituency.  An individual domain name holder is one person who
> holds a
> domain name.

Yes it is.  I was addressing the DNH and the IC, not the IDNHC
The DNH is the Domain Name holders constituency proposal.
The IC is the Individual Constituency..  These are constituencies
within the DNSO that are being proposed that I was responding to
in the post that you seem to have snipped...

>  To me that would indicate nothing further than a sole
> proprietorship or individual person who holds a registration would qualify
> for membership in that SO.  Publicly held corporations would certainly
> not
> qualify, nor would the shareholders of those corporations.
>
> Although I rarely agree with WXW, I do in this case.  The @large is (or
> will be hopefully) the body for users and other stakeholders, which means
> that all *individual* members of all SO's are eligible for it.  Call it one
> huge user's group.  It just needs to be more equitably divided among a
> greater number of regions - one for each of the nine seats.
>
> There are three groups not represented in ICANN - individual dn holders,
> small business (which could be part of the IDNHC) and users/other
> individual stakeholders.  ICANN needs to address that issue and not overlap
> the groups.
>
> MHO.
>
> Leah
>
> --
> This message was passed to you via the ga-roots@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827