(Fwd) Re: [ga] Nomination Process

Oops, sorry for the mis-directed post. :(

From:           	"L Gallegos" <jandl@jandl.com>
To:             	ga-roots@dnso.org
Date sent:      	Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:37:13 -0400
Subject:        	[ga-roots] Re: [ga] Nomination Process
Send reply to:  	jandl@jandl.com

On 10 Jun 2001, at 2:15, Jeff Williams wrote:

>   I agree.  This would include than, stock holders of some Domain Names
> that are part of that corps. intellectual property, such as VRSN/NSOL/
> Networksolutions.com/NSOL.com/verisign.com, ect... ect... as well as
> other corp. types such as the joint partnership corp. that has a domain
> name as part of their corps. Intellectual Property.

I thoroughly disagree, Jeff.  IDNHC is individual domain name holders
constituency.  An individual domain name holder is one person who
holds a
domain name.  To me that would indicate nothing further than a sole
proprietorship or individual person who holds a registration would qualify
for membership in that SO.  Publicly held corporations would certainly
not
qualify, nor would the shareholders of those corporations.

Although I rarely agree with WXW, I do in this case.  The @large is (or
will be hopefully) the body for users and other stakeholders, which means
that all *individual* members of all SO's are eligible for it.  Call it one
huge user's group.  It just needs to be more equitably divided among a
greater number of regions - one for each of the nine seats.

There are three groups not represented in ICANN - individual dn holders,
small business (which could be part of the IDNHC) and users/other
individual stakeholders.  ICANN needs to address that issue and not overlap
the groups.

MHO.

Leah