[ga] Whitehouse will need to step in...

People should write letters and/or call...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/06/20010601-6.html

"Next Generation Internet"

http://www.cctec.com/maillists/nanog/historical/0011/msg00208.html

> http://www.internetpolicy.org/board/index.html
> http://www.gip.org/about/members.asp
>
> Tuesday, November 7, 2000
> http://www.gip.org/publications/papers/draftberlinworkshop.asp
> *Attendance is by Invitation Only*
> Introduction: GIP Chairman John Patrick, Vice President for Internet
> Technology, IBM

Keynote Speakers: The Honorable Carl Bildt, former Prime Minister of Sweden

> David Farber, Chief Technologist, U.S. Federal Communications Commission,
&
> Professor of Computer Science, University of Pennsylvania.
> Moderator: Vint Cerf, Senior Vice President for Internet Architecture &
> Engineering, WorldCom.
> Panelists: Fred Baker, Fellow, Cisco Systems, and Chairman, IETF
> Keynote Speaker: Esther Dyson, chairman, EDventure (Retiring Chairman,
> ICANN)
> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
>
> http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Miscellaneous/News_Releases/2000/nrmc0001.html
> @@@@ http://www.fcc.gov/realaudio/tr072700.txt
> CHAIRMAN KENNARD:  Any other questions from the
> bench?  Hearing none, we'll move to the next panel.  Thank
> you both very much.  We really appreciate your taking the
> time to do this.  And I wanted to publicly acknowledge and
> thank Esther Dyson's work with ICANN.  That is a tremendous
> public service, not only for the country, for the world, and
> we're very appreciative of your work.
> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

http://www.algore.com/internet_and_technology/www_accomp.html

"Vinton Cerf, Nicknamed the "Father of the Internet:" "I think it is very
fair
to say that the Internet would not be where it is in the United States
without
the strong support given to it and related research areas by the Vice
President in his current role and in his earlier role as Senator." Cerf is
currently a
senior vice president with MCI Worldcom."
"Dave Farber, Professor of Telecommunications at the University of
Pennsylvania: "Without [Gore] there is a good chance it [the Internet]
would not be where it is today," said Dave Farber."
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

http://www.zdnet.com/intweek/stories/news/0,4164,2641403,00.html

"In a widely circulated letter, Vinton Cerf and Bill Joy wrote: "As the two
people who designed the basic architecture and the core protocols that make
the Internet work, we would like to acknowledge VP Gore's contributions as a
congressman, senator and as vice president. No other elected official, to
our knowledge, has made a greater contribution over a longer period of time.
. . . The fact of the matter is that Gore was talking about and promoting
the Internet long before most people were listening."

-------

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/2.12/whitehouse_pr.html
With the Internet reaching to the far corners of the globe, the day's e-mail
brings tidings from abroad. This past February 4, a message from Swedish
Prime Minister Carl Bildt became the first e-mail correspondence from one
head of government to another: