Re: [ga] ICANN Approved Proposal Organization (APO)

Wait a minute.  Remember the part in the proposal or model that states as
follows:

"ICANN Board Members and ICANN SO representatives would eventually be elected by
the APOs. There may be hundreds of APOs and many ICANN SOs structurally placed
to manage APO proposals."

There is no qualifying participants in the model proposed.  Participants would
choose an APO from a list of ICANN Approved Proposal Organizations.  The ICANN
Supporting Organizations would review and qualify the APO applications and
forward their recommendations to the ICANN Board for final review and approval.

In this model, ICANN Board Members and ICANN SO representatives can be held
accountable and so it is reasonable to conclude that they will make the best
decisions possible with the information proposed to them.

An APO's member consensus would cause the APO to define criteria for review and
criteria regarding how to reach conclusions to that review.  It may be the case
that APOs have their own agenda and work at developing consensus for that,
however, if the APO's members do like the criteria for review and results
therefrom, then the members will probably lose interest in that APO making the
APO non-effective at presenting its proposals to ICANN Supporting Organizations.

An interested party would choose an APO from an ICANN list of qualified APOs.
Much like the ICANN Accredited Registrar list, there would be an ICANN Approved
Proposal Organization list, so that any interested party could choose APOs that
fit her/his interest and level.  This is the APO competition mechanism I
described allowing APO's to compete for participants, members, and information
for developing or furthering an APO's agenda and position concerning the
Internet.  This also demands that APO's fund the advancement of its positions so
that the finished position or product is comprehensive and effective in its
presentation, thus saving the ICANN Supporting Organizations and the ICANN Board
time on their review.  This will streamline the review process with valid and
verifiable information while generating more participation in the process.

Your help is appreciated and I invite constructive criticism from any interested
party to determine if the model proposed is viable.  I believe that this is
Mankind's opportunity to develop a revolutionary International governance system
compatible with all interests.

Derek Conant
DNSGA President and Chairman