[ga] Re: International Dates

Patrick, and all those who replied,

It may not be worthed continuing, and maybe out of the scope of this list,
but the point is, IMHO, not what the most common use in which country is,
but what is the "standard".

Indeed, ISO did not standardize just the country codes (ISO-3166): you may
have a look at ISO 8601:1988 and ISO 8601:1997 "Representation of dates and
times".
The document states that the dates in day+month+year format(1) should be
indicated as "ccyy-mm-dd" (please note the presence of the century as well).
There are also other acceptable formats, like "ccyyddd", where "ddd" is the
day of the year "ccyy" since the first of January, or "ccyy-Www-d", where
"ww" is the numer of the week and "d" is the day of the week.
Incidentally, the document also defines the format of time-of-day (which is,
surprise surprise, exactly the one that Elisabeth is using for timings of
teleconferences and other events).

I believe that we should not re-invent the wheel when an international body
like ISO has solved the problem once and for good.

Regards
Roberto

(and yes, Ben + crew did an outstanding job, once again)

Note(1):